Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Balance.......

Okay, I know this sounds frivolous to most everyone else except me......but.....New Balance brand tennis shoes have changed my life!! I just found out that SELECT styles in these shoes come in an extra wide.

I am constantly looking for shoes that Wills braces will fit comfortably in -- and strap somehow. Let me tell you, not an easy feat! We have been settling for a wide shoe that is just not wide enough. The only other shoes wide enough for his braces are Stride rite (which are a fortune!), and orthopedic shoes that my insurance does not cover (which are even more expensive!)

I ordered these shoes for a very reasonable price at zappos.com, and they work perfectly with the braces. They just slide right into the shoe......no struggle whatsoever! I'm not a big fan of Velcro--but they fasten, so I can't complain! It's just the little things in life that make a big difference!!!!!
Here are Will's "chunky" new shoes with the braces in them. Of course, Jack got matching ones too.....just not in an extra wide!!

0 comments: