Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Furry Friend

Did you know I got a guinea pig? Yep, you heard me. Well, actually I got it for my kids at school. For those of you who know me well, you know that I am NOT an animal person! So, you may be asking yourself, how did this come to be? Well.......

At my school we got this mega money grant. Our school has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, to hire this ELL (English Language Learner) guru to come in and better equip us to teach our ELL's. Which is great because......80% of the students in my class are ELL's. Anyhoo....


We are learning to lower the affective filter in the classroom, and get these kids to feel emotionally "invested", yada yada yada. So, hence the class pet. I introduce to you.....
DIEGO
This picture just doesn't do him justice. He is the sweetest little guy ever! We have bonded, and he thinks I'm his mama. I know, just what I need...another little one to take care of! Heather, I just might have Diego painted at your art show coming up!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

O.M.G! I love him! He IS the cutest ever. Wait until you see the movie Bedtime Stories. Then you will love him even more! That movie made ME want to get a Guniea (SP?) Pig! Heart him!

Rachel Brown said...

Maggie said you should have named him Lenny like on Wonder Pets

Dianne Baer said...

Steve says he needs to come check out this furry "rat" you have. Love reading your blog! Kids are really precious!! Next time he makes a delivery he promises to visit you all.